We are an Anindilyakwa Land Council funded program whose focus is to engage Groote Eylandt youth in meaningful and sporting, cultural and recreational opportunities.
Our vision is:
Our future indigenous leaders are strong, healthy and educated
Our goals are:
- to increase school attendance through delivering organised sports activities on school grounds before school and during school lunch breaks.
- to provide healthy sporting & recreational opportunities for disengaged youth.
- to provide pathways for talented youth to develop their sporting and athletic potential.
- to support Warnindilyakwa youth, culture, families and communities through providing a holistic approach to mental, emotional, social and physical wellbeing.
- to provide local employment, training and mentoring to our team of indigenous Program Leaders, facilitating ongoing personal/professional development and leadership outcomes.
- to help the three local communities to become united through sport and to take pride in their achievements at any level.